Erykah Badu set the Neo-Soul music scene on fire in 1996 and got things on and popping. Since that time her voice as an artist has grown along with the respect she’s gained as a woman. Erykah gave birth to a sound that is so unique to her, yet so conscious and so relevant (ie :why my instagram name being voyage_to_baduizm) She’s a woman who is not ashamed of her truth, nor is she afraid to share it.
I’ve had the pleasure of learning many things about the Queen of Neo-Soul. Her willingness to share her truth in a raw and uncut fashion is yet another reason why we can’t get enough of Erykah Badu, a.k.a Fat Belly Bella, a.ka. DJ Low-Down Loretta Brown…we could keep going! I ❤❤❤ and Adore this Woman. Erykah Badu is so Icon and thats why she’s my idol 👑
SOME THINGS WE HAVE LEARNED FROM HER MUSIC:
1. She likes being kissed on the neck.( Kiss My Neck).
2. We know she believes in the after life. (Next Lifetime)
3. She has no problem giving a fool the boot. (Tyrone)
4. She is the Original Trap Queen. (Danger) & (Other Side if the Game)
5. Being with her is a life changing experience (Fall In Love… Your Funeral)
6. Every now and again she needs some me time. (Window Seat)
7. She can make you put your phone down. (Phone Down)
8. She DONT want your negro (Booty)